The votes are in: Ivy Aberdeen’s Letter to the World by Ashely Herring Blake wins Medal on My Mind’s mock Stonewall Award!
Notably, the Stonewall Award often goes to more than one book, in some cases representing discreet categories, like children’s and YA or fiction and nonfiction. In a committee setting, our results would call for further deliberation, but we feel good about naming The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang a second winner, with honors to Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram and Hurricane Child by Kheryn Callender.
Here’s the total breakdown of votes for our finalists:
- Ivy Aberdeen’s Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake – 39 points
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang – 34 points
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram – 30 points
- Hurricane Child by Kheryn Callender – 29 points
- The Cardboard Kingdom by Chad Sell – 27 points
- PS I Miss You by Jen Petro-Roy – 26 points
- A Quick and Easy Guide to They/Them Pronouns by Archie Bongiovanni and Tristan Jimerson – 11 points
We can’t wait to see what the committee has chosen when the award is announced at the ALA Youth Media Awards on Monday (8:00AM PT). We’ll be back with some final thoughts after the fact.
A hearty congratulations to all our winners! And a big thanks to you for speculating with us!
One thought on “2019 Mock Winners”