Notably, the Stonewall Award often goes to more than one book, in some cases representing discreet categories, like children’s and YA or fiction and nonfiction. In a committee setting, our results would call for further deliberation, but we feel good about naming The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang a second winner, with honors to Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram and Hurricane Child by Kheryn Callender.
- Ivy Aberdeen’s Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake – 39 points
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang – 34 points
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram – 30 points
- Hurricane Child by Kheryn Callender – 29 points
- The Cardboard Kingdom by Chad Sell – 27 points
- PS I Miss You by Jen Petro-Roy – 26 points
- A Quick and Easy Guide to They/Them Pronouns by Archie Bongiovanni and Tristan Jimerson – 11 points
A hearty congratulations to all our winners! And a big thanks to you for speculating with us!